It's going to be 2014 soon! Here's a list of 5 spots to watch the fireworks and ring in the new year:
1. St. Edwards University- Plop down your blanket on the Main Building hill and watch the various shows that are going on downtown. The view is spectacular.
2. Austin Community College Pinnacle Campus - Park in the back lot and watch the South West Austin sky light up.
3. Auditorium Shores - This is the big kahuna of shows. It gets crowded but perfect for bringing the family.
4. Hyatt Regency Lost Pines - Taking the time to drive out to Bastrop is a bit of an investment but worth it.
5. Lone Star Riverboat - Reserve a cruise on Lady Bird Lake. You'll see the fireworks downtown as your floating down the river.
If you are lighting off your own fireworks, have fun but be safe! See you next year!