It’s going to get hot soon. I mean really, really hot. Having an air conditioned house is a necessity but so is knowing where to take a dip. I’ve put together a list of places to cool off and escape the triple digits:
- Deep Eddy Pool – There are many municipal pools to choose from but Deep Eddy is the oldest swimming pool in Austin. This is a perfect place to bring your kids, a picnic and hike on the trails after a swim.
- Barton Springs Pool – Located in Zilker Park. This large pool is complete with diving board and wading area for small children.
- Hamilton Nature Preserve – Park and then take a small hike down to the swimming hole. Awaiting you will be a pebbly beach where you can lay out in the sun and then dive into the natural springs.
- Austin water bikes– Rent a water bike on Lady Bird Lake! This is an excellent way to get exercise and enjoy the lake. Other options are paddle boats and kayaks.
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark – Bring the family and enjoy the rides, pools, slides and places to float.