It's going to be 2014 soon! Here's a list of 5 spots to watch the fireworks and ring in the new year:
1. St. Edwards University- Plop down your blanket on the Main Building hill and watch the various shows that are going on downtown. The view is spectacular.
2. Austin Community College Pinnacle Campus - Park in the back lot and watch the South West Austin sky light up.
3. Auditorium Shores - This is the big kahuna of shows. It gets crowded but perfect for bringing the family.
4. Hyatt Regency Lost Pines - Taking the time to drive out to Bastrop is a bit of an investment but worth it.
5. Lone Star Riverboat - Reserve a cruise on Lady Bird Lake. You'll see the fireworks downtown as your floating down the river.
If you are lighting off your own fireworks, have fun but be safe! See you next year!
Monday, December 30, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
I’ve decided to take a look back on all the events, restaurants and places I mentioned this past year and make an “end of the year top ten”. He we go:
10. ACL Music Fest - The weather can be a downer but you can’t beat the band selection.
9. Driftwood Winery – Try the Starry Night.
8. Pieous – Homemade mozzarella!
7. Ester’s Follies – I mean, who doesn’t like to laugh?
6. Gourdoughs – No risk gluttonous goodness!
5. Austin Zoo and Sanctuary – Sponsor one of the animals and help support the sanctuary.
4. The Paramount Theatre – The best place to see a classic film.
3. Museum Day – One of the best times to catch up on all the art, sculptures and exhibits in town.
2. Downtown Walking Tours – Free historical tours of our city.
1. My Austin vacation home – Just a little shameless promotion!
If you haven’t checked any of these out yet, make it your 2014 Resolution to do so! Have a safe and secure New Year!
Friday, December 13, 2013
The holidays are upon us! I know I'm ready. It's time to let the gratitude, festivities, and feasts begin!
I'd like to take this moment to reflect on 2013. Thank you to everyone that has read my blog and reached out to me. It's has been fun writing about all the great things that you can do in the Austin, Texas area. I feel truly blessed to be able to share my passion for this city with this community, and for that I THANK YOU! I look forward to next year and what it has to offer all of us!
For those that are traveling, have a safe and secure trip!
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
This time of the year is about family, food and fun. This city offers a ton of events to make this season more festive and memorable.
The Paramount Theatre – Two weeks of classic holiday films.
Ballet Austin Academy – Go see the Nutcracker performed.
Another tradition is the annual lighting of the Capitol Christmas Tree.
Blue Genie Art Bazaar – A place to pick up gifts for loved ones and for yourself.
Austin's Trail of Lights - Light displays and decorations located in Zilker Park.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Get out of the rain and that’s an order! Head for cover, stay dry and feel secure that you are out of the rain storms. Here’s a short list of places to go to have fun during a down pour:
Zach Theater – Check out performance art, various plays and musicals. No-risk fun!
Violet Crown – Similar to the Alamo Drafthouse, this movie house specializes in showing artsy-fartsy style movies from foreign to documentary features. Plus you can eat and drink here too.
LBJ Presidential Library – Explore the museum’s exhibits and events.
iFly Austin – Indoor skydiving. Why not?
Austin Rock Gym – Start out with the basics of climbing and become an expert in no time.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
A true Austinite will say that it’s always time for a taco. In fact, a breakfast taco can replace a bagel anytime! Here’s a list of five places to make your taco dreams come true:
1. Taco Deli – They only stay open until three and I can almost guarantee there will be a line, but it’s worth it.
2. Torchy’s – The guacamole has jalapenos in it. It may burn the side of your mouth but it won’t stop you from eating it.
3. Maria’s Taco Express – This place has been around since 1996. It is an institution in south Austin and the place to go for your taco cravings.
4. Papalote – This place is a new comer to south Austin but still worth the praise.
5. Taqueria Olivas – This is a taco truck and it’s authentic!