Spectacular, breathtaking and stunning are just a few words to describe the views in Austin, TX. Austin’s landscape is made up of lakes, hills, greenery and tall buildings which create the beautiful scenery. Here is a list of my top 5 “lookout” points:
- St. Edwards University – Besides being a beautiful campus to take a leisurely stroll, it is also a great place to gaze at the skyline. This is a perfect place to bring your picnic blanket and watch fireworks on July 4th and New Year’s Eve.
- Oasis Restaurant – Some will say that the only reason to go to the Oasis is because of the amazing view of Lake Travis. It truly is a site to see, so don’t miss out.
- Barton Creek Square Mall – Park in the parking lot and enjoy the city view.
- Hyatt Regency on Barton Springs Rd– Located next to Lady Bird Lake you are treated to a beautiful view of the lake, the Congress bat bridge and downtown.
- Mount Bonnell – Noted as one the highest point in Austin (The Austonian is another). Don’t forget to bring your camera because once you hike up the steps to the top you are treated with a spectacular view of the Colorado River, 360 bridge and some impressive homes.