Are you coming to Austin, TX? Are you bringing your kids?
Austin, TX may be the "Live Music Capital of the World" but it is also extremely family friendly and offers many local attractions geared to kids, teenagers and the whole family.
Here is my top ten list:
|Lake Austin Waterfront Vacation Home|
- Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary - A private, non-profit zoo that houses about 300 animals and 100 different species. Be sure to bring a camera to capture the experience.
- Austin Children's Museum – This museum is situated in the heart of downtown conveniently located next to shops and restaurants. Their daily story time and educational exhibits are designed to entertain the curious minds of children and their grown-ups.
- Austin Nature and Science Center - Children of all ages can explore the dino pits and the wildlife exhibits.
- Shore Club Volente Beach – This is a perfect getaway for families on a hot summer day. There are pools designed for children with twisty slides and an adult only pool with a swim up tiki bar. There is also a sandy beachfront and 3 volleyball courts.
- Barton Springs Pool – This 1,000 foot long natural limestone pool, fed by several underground springs is a must.
- Zilker Zephyr Miniature Train – This is an interesting and fun way to see the Zilker Metropolitan Park.
- Texas Memorial Museum – Go see the dinosaurs! Their exhibits focus on prehistoric life, evolution, rocks, gem stones and native Texas wildlife.
- Inner Space Cavern – Take a short excursion just outside of Austin to Georgetown, TX to explore and tour the limestone cavern. Guides will take you back in time so you can experience the fascinating story of the cave’s history.
- Pioneer Farms - Step back in time to the Blackland Prairie of the 1800s. Explore more than 90 beautiful, wooded acres and discover exciting, memorable ways to experience Texas' past with your family.
- IMAX at the Bob Bullock Museum - 3 floors of Texas History and a state-of-the-art theater that uses innovative IMAX technology to create the ultimate film experience.
And of course, don't forget to check out my Lake Austin Waterfront Vacation Home with an amazing pool, view of Lake Travis with 4 bedrooms with 3.5 baths overlooking Lake Austin.